Sugar Candy for Healthy Gums
Good teeth and gum care is essential for maintaining overall health. Poor oral health is significantly associated with major chronic diseases, can cause disability, and contribute to low self-esteem. Proper teeth and gum care does not require excessive time or expensive oral hygiene instruments. Avoiding simple sugars, and implementing daily gentle tooth brushing and flossing is the basic foundation. In Addition, not smoking, drinking plenty of water, and getting regular dental cleanings and checkups are needed to keep gums healthy and teeth cavity free.
Most Common Tooth Problems
Bleeding from gums, Change in the color of Gums, Plaque accumulating between teeth and gums, and Pus coming out from gums (gum abscess).
Bleeding gums are caused by inadequate plaque removal. Plaque contains germs which attack the healthy tissue around the teeth. This will cause the gums to become inflamed and irritated, which may cause them to bleed when brushing or flossing. This is called Gingivitis and is the first stage of gum disease.
Bad Odor can be caused due to Poor Dental Hygiene. Bacteria break down food particles trapped in the teeth or mouth. The combination of the bacteria and decaying food in your mouth produces an unpleasant breath. Due to this, the gums become sensitive. We may experience pain in the gums and teeth.
How to Brush your Teeth?
Brushing teeth with fluoridated toothpaste is the best method of reducing plaque. Proper brushing technique cleans teeth and gums effectively.
Follow these tips for healthy teeth.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush – To prevent damage to the enamel, only use a soft-bristle toothbrush.
- Brush at a 45-degree angle – The angle of the brush is important, the toothbrush should be placed against the teeth at a 45-degree angle to the gum line.
- Motion correctly – Using short gentle back, forth, and small circular motions, all tooth surfaces will be gently brushed, avoid a sawing or scrubbing motion.
- Brush the Tongue – Use your toothbrush to do a light brushing of the tongue.
- Keep the mouth clean after Brushing – Avoid eating for 30 minutes after brushing.
- A Toothbrush should be replaced at least every 3 months, as well as after any illness.
Tip: Don’t Rush When Your Brush
Why Brushing Teeth Twice a Day is Essential
Brushing twice a day keeps your teeth healthy. Harmful bacteria are present inside the mouth. Brushing your teeth before bed is important, flossing (cleaning between the teeth) is just as important.
In addition to food particles, flossing also rids of your mouth of harmful plaque that the bacteria in your mouth would feed on throughout the night, putting you at risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
- If you brush your teeth in the morning before Breakfast, you remove the plaque, to which bacteria stick.
- If you brush after a meal, you are removing food for bacteria and neutralizing pH.
So, better brush your teeth at night (before going to bed) and also when you woke up in the morning.
This may avoid teeth and gums from infections. After every meal or whenever you eat anything, its better u rinse your mouth with water. Water Fights Cavities. So after you eat anything, it’s a good idea to quickly rinse out your mouth with water. It’s an easy and free way to instantly boost your oral health. Rinsing with water is better for your teeth than brushing them right after you eat if you wish to avoid damage to your enamel.
Food Habits for Healthy Gums
- Intake of Calcium plays an important role in maintaining the healthy gums. Take lots of Milk, Curd, Cheese, Soya, Ragi.
- Reduce the Number of Biscuits, Chocolates, and Sweets.
- Vitamin-c Rich citrus foods like Lemon, Orange, Pomegranate help in strong gums and teeth.
- After brushing apply TIL Oil to gums and massage for a minute. Eat a spoon of TIL for healthy gums.
- Before going to sleep rinse your mouth with a glass of warm water with salt to get rid of bacteria and germs.
- To maintain the strong gums, you need to mix a spoon of gallnut powder in a glass of warm water and rinse your mouth and spit it.
- Sugar Candy plays a vital role in healing the gums problems. Take the Sugar Candy pieces in a bowl and heat it. It will become like popcorn. After it cools down, make it into fine powder and store in a container. In a glass of warm water, add a 1/4th spoon of sugar candy powder. Rinse your mouth properly all sides to get rid of unhealthy gums. It acts as the best medicine for teeth and gum problems.
Regularly if we follow these steps we can have the stronger teeth and gums.